While shopping Overstock for a lounge chair and chaise for our master sitting room, I realized just how much of the decor in our house is from accessible places like Overstock, Homegoods, and Target.  I like style and quality and a bargain all at the same time.



Recently, I found a unique round mirrored tray that looks very similar to a high-end version I have drooled over since I first saw it, the Arteriors Cinchwaist Gold Iron/Mirror Tray, that literally retails for $396.








I like my $12.99 version just fine.  And it's kind of thrilling to happen upon such a great bargain.  









While the gold is gorgeous on the expensive version, I wanted mine to be a glossy silver so it would compliment the shiny silver mirror and hardware in my master bath.  I used a metallic gold spray paint after carefully taping the mirror's edges and covering the middle with paper.









In just a few minutes it looks great on my bathroom countertop.  I typically keep most things under the sink or in drawers, but a few items I use almost daily, I like to keep out.  (I swear by Curel lotion, by the way- very light scent and not greasy at all.  I use it everyday.) Keeping everything together on a pretty tray makes it look tidier.  


















I can also see myself spraying the tray gold and using it in the bar at some point.  





Do you get excited at the thrill of finding a bargain too?








And, I'd love to hear your Mother's Wisdom- we're sharing our moms' best advice HERE.  


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top