Happy Trick Or Treat! 

Here at StoneGable, we don't have many trick-or-treater. So sad!
Because we live in the middle of corn fields and have no close neighbors, we get very few costumed kids excited for candy!

I miss that...




When we lived in our first two homes we had hoards of trick-or-treaters. Bobby loved putting on his dinosaur costume to hand out candy to the kids.

 One year, he scared our little next door neighbor so badly when he opened the door, she cried and went straight home and didn't finish trick-or-treating! And the dinosaur costume wasn't even scary!

I made my children's costumes every year. Christopher would plan for months and months... very serious about what he would be. It was usually a pirate, Robin Hood, a pirate, a cute vampire, Zoro, a pirate, Rocky, a pirate... to this day Christopher still has pirate aspirations!

Jacqueline loved to be a cat or a "bobby socks girl". We had a few years in a row of cat costumes. She also was a bride, cute witch, lamb, etc. Almost every year when I asked her what she wanted to be she would say,  "a cat"!


When our son was small he would get so excited to trick-or treat that he would wear himself out and fall asleep in the wagon I pulled the children around the neighborhood in. His sister, to her extreme embarrassment, had to ask for 2 treats... one for her and one for her sleeping brother!

And for many years, Christopher, would not go near houses that played scary music. So again, our little cat would have to get treats for her brother too!


Just this morning, my Jacqueline called and asked if I could find her Tinkerbell costume. I made it for her when she was a sophomore in high school... she wants to wear it to a party. I think her husband is either going to be Peter Pan or Captain Hook. So later tonight I'll be digging around the cedar closet!

I know this is long and very off topic, but trick-or-treat brings up so many sweet and wonderful memories!




Because we get so few trick-or-treaters, you know what that means.... more candy for me!!!!

I hope you get bags and bags of treats and lots of fun memories!

BE SAFE OUT THERE!

Now, here's what's ON THE MENU...


MONDAY~ SOUP DAY
Crusty Bread and Assorted Cheeses





TUESDAY
Mashed Potatoes


WEDNESDAY~SLOW COOKER DAY





THURSDAY~TRICK OR TREAT!
OLD FASHIONED YANKEE POT ROAST
Leftover Candy (hopefully Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!)


FRIDAY




SATURDAY






SUNDAY
Sauteed Cabbage


Remember to

Pin It


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top