Last year, when I got in the best shape of my life and competed in my first NPC bikini contest, it took less than six months for me to get back out of shape!  The contest was July 2014 and by Thanksgiving, I had gained about 10 pounds (a lot on such a short girl) and had lost a lot of my muscle tone.  Right after the contest, I stopped working out with my trainer and then wasn't going to the gym much.  My eating was all over the place and I was indulging in too many sweet treats (my weakness!).  So, I returned to my trainer at the end of 2014, and by March 2015, had committed to a second bikini contest in July 2015 to really help me get back into great shape.  





Now that the second contest is over, I'm determined to do things differently to stay in shape.  And, even though I have a MAJOR case of the summer lazies, I am still training with my trainer 3 days a week and I plan to continue indefinitely.  It's been hard to get the motivation to get up for my 8:30 a.m. training sessions since that gym isn't particularly convenient and who wants to fight morning traffic in the summer, but I don't want to lose my spot, because it works out so perfectly when my son is in school and he starts back soon.  I love getting my workout over with first thing in the morning so I don't have to think about it the rest of the day and it helps me eat better.  And, I'm tying to do two days of cardio - 45 minutes each.  Usually running outside or on the treadmill.  












Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top