I looked up this month and realized that I've been blogging consistently now for 5 years!  I can't believe it's been that long!  I started my blog to chronicle our first-home building journey and life along the way with a new baby.  Since that time, I've gone from full-time lawyer to work-at-home mom (if you consider blogging work), which I really don't, although I do spend quite a bit of time on my blog.  




Thinking back, I've learned so much along the way through friendships with other bloggers (essential), blog conferences (I'll be heading to Haven this week!), reading and watching tutorials on everything from better photography to how to use the latest social media.  Although I admit I still can't quite get the hang of snapchat!



One thing I wish I had done differently from the beginning, was start my blog on Wordpress. I started my blog the easiest way I knew, on Blogger, and since then, I've often thought about moving to Wordpress, but now that my blog is established on Blogger, it feels like a big 'ole pain in the rear to change now.  That being said, for most bloggers who blog consistently and want more control and growth opportunities, Wordpress is probably the way to go.



If I knew then, what I know now, here's how I would have started my blog on Wordpress.









Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top