Hallefreakinglujah!  I'm seriously feeling like I'm starting to lose steam and I'm so happy we're almost done with this bikini prep.  If it were up to me, I'd compete now and be done with it!  It's the timing more than anything that's throwing me off.  My son is out of school for the summer and didn't like the camp we had him signed up for for these next few weeks, so I cancelled it and he's home with me now.  I'm totally fine with that and only signed him up at camp because I thought he'd enjoy it.  So, since he'd rather be home, that's what we're doing.  




I'm fortunate that I can take him with me to the gym where I train with my trainer and he'll occupy himself quietly with some small toys or his iPad.  I can't help but gush on him that he is so well-behaved at the gym.  I really appreciate that!  But, after my hour workout, I'm supposed to do 45 minutes of cardio and I feel like that's a long time to keep James at the gym with me.  I've been able to do some cardio with him there while he played nearby, but it's not ideal.  



And, we just finished two weeks straight of swim lessons and since he's getting the hang of it, but not quite there, I signed him up for two more weeks of daily lessons.  This time they are at 11am though. So, we go to the gym at 8:30 am, then have to get to swim by 11.  And I have to make sure I have a meal in between the two or I'll be completely starving and wiped by the time we get home.  



Which brings me to all the things we have to pack into the car before we head out in the morning- gym bag with gym towel and water bottle with BCAA, Meal #2 in a small insulated bag with fork and napkin, towel to shower off with/soap/shampoo/etc., change of clothes including flip flops, James' backpack with iPad and toys, and swim bag.  I'm sure some of you can relate to trying to get out the door with 15 bags!



It's just a lot for these next two weeks, but after that, he'll be done with swim lessons (probably) and I'll be done with prep and we can really enjoy the last weeks of summer!  My hubby and I booked a short family road trip to San Antonio towards the end of July that I'm really looking forward to!  



After I wrote this intro on Monday evening, I downloaded a bunch of new songs onto my iPhone so I'd have new music to listen to while I do my cardio.  I think it's going to give me that little push I need to finish this prep strong!  



I don't want to be a whiner or complain about how hard this prep is because no one made me do it and it's not like I'm curing cancer or something, but I try to give you a realistic picture of what it's like to train for something like this.  I had been feeling so grumpy and tired and sore. Attitude is so important and so is sleep! I went to bed at 9pm last night and woke up a new woman!  





3 WEEKS OUT 





Below is my 3 Weeks Out picture on Sunday, June 21, 2015.  We measured my body fat via calipers on June 24 and it only went down from 19.5% to 19.2%.  My trainer is always quick to tell me to judge my progress by the mirror instead of the numbers and said he was surprised that my body fat percentage reads that high for as lean as I'm looking.  He also advised me to do more cardio at a lower heart rate instead of running outside as much, which could be getting my heart rate too high and then eating away the muscle.   I have to admit, I still get confused as to exactly how all this physics/science works- especially regarding cardio because there is so much conflicting info.  It does seem that most agree that higher intensity cardio burns more calories, so if you're going for weight loss, you do need to use a good bit of effort/intensity.  Get to sweatin' ladies!








Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top