First things first, wishing my parents a very happy anniversary today!  Thank you for your prayers for my dad, we have had some encouraging news lately and it has felt so good.  This illness has really brought us closer together and for that, I'm thankful.  It has been a very difficult time, but I believe in the power of prayer, and from the bottom of my heart thank you for lifting my dad and family up. 





___________




You might remember my dining room pillow dilemma awhile back when I bought a yellow pair and a brown pair and couldn't decide which I liked better for the room.  Y'all weighed in and helped me opt to use the yellow for summer and the brown come fall.  I'm hanging onto every little last bit of summer here and incorporated those yellow pillows into an updated, cheerful dining room this weekend. 











Having never had a console table that was meant for this room, this World Market one (Everett Foyer Table) couldn't be beat for the price and size.  ($254 on sale with free shipping, 70.9"W x 15.7"D x 31.9"H). Since our dining room is pretty long, I could have went with an even longer table, but I figured I can put the chairs on either side to fill in some space.  I'm also considering pulls for the two draws- an easy way to personalize the table.  





Another thing that made a big impact in the room was lowering the mirror a good 11 inches.  Thanks for the advice Cassie and Grandma.  My Grandma reads my blog daily and when I first hung this mirror, she told me on the phone, "You know, I think you've got that mirror hung too high." :) Y'all were right! It looks so much better lower and it reflects the chandelier now.













Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top