I've s-l-o-w-l-y been redecorating my home office into a space that most reflects my current design style.  I am very thankful and fortunate to have a room to call my own where I can blog, answer emails, make schedules, craft, write letters, and wrap gifts.  I have enjoyed having this room to retreat to, but something felt "off" with the decor and it was never quite right, but it's much better now.  :) I wanted to transform the office into a more sophisticated space and I think the black and white accomplishes that.  I still have punchy pops of color, just in smaller doses.  





When we first moved into our home in 2010, I had a pale yellow, grey and white color scheme going on in my office, but I quickly grew tired of it.  Painting the walls white (Diving White by Sherwin Williams) the same color as the trim and ceiling made the room feel fresh and clean.  Then, I turned my Z Gallerie Jett desk to face the windows and really enjoy this view as I work.  The room is on the second floor of our home, so I see beautiful trees and sky when I look outside. 





Bringing in this large, live plant and putting it in an Ikea woven basket made a huge difference in the look and feel of the room too.  (You should've seen me bringing it home in my car- through the sunroof!) Having something living and green feels very natural and was just what the space needed.  The Ikea Rens sheepskin rug thrown over my desk chair also brings in more texture.  










Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top