Sharing my home office on Monday made me stop to reflect on how far we've come with the decor in our home in other rooms as well in the past 4 years.  We moved into our home in July 2010 and through my blog archives, I found a post I wrote on July 15, 2010 that showed all the rooms in our house as we were just about to move in.  I specifically remember how excited I was to be moving our family from a dark, small townhouse to a bright, spacious home.  Our son was just 4 months old and it was a dreamy time.



We started pretty much from scratch with everything in this house as far as furniture and decor goes and I have learned so much over the years about my style and what I like.  I guess it's taken me time to figure this out.  I credit home blogs, HGTV, decor magazines, interior design books, and designers like Nate Berkus for inspiring me along the way.  Home bloggers are my favorite though.  It takes a lot of courage to open up your home for people to see (and judge) online.  I appreciate that they do it though, because I love visiting and getting to peek inside!



We'll be celebrating our 4 year anniversary in our home next month and I love it even more now than ever. When I come home, I feel welcomed by this familiar place.  I hope your home does that for you too.  Here is a peek inside our home and a reflection of the decor changes that have taken place in the last 4 years. 




living room





In our living room, the sectional was the first major purchase for the house.  I remember stressing over the purchase and the dimensions, but, thankfully, the couch fit the room perfectly!  I wrote a review about the Pottery Barn Pearce Chaise Sectional (and I like it very much), but you can see how the back cushions have lost their shape.  The worst one isn't viewable in the bottom photo.



Since 2010, we have updated the coffee table to the Renate Coffee Table Ottoman, side tables and lamps (a few times) as well as the pillows.  The large urns have been replaced by toy boxes (Wal-Mart) so that our son can play with his toys downstairs and we can all be together in one room. The day the curtains went up (on my son's first birthday) made the biggest difference in pulling the room together.  That means we had no drapes until we were in this house 8 months. 















Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top