I am not a morning person.  I love the idea of waking up early, before the rest of the house is awake, sitting quietly with a hot cup of coffee and enjoying the morning, then kicking into high gear, knocking out a bunch of things for the day.  On days when that has happened, I feel like I've done a whole day's worth of work by noon.  But, in actuality, I'm the person who pushes snooze on her alarm clock (probably twice) most mornings.  My son is often my alarm as he jumps out of bed as soon as his eyes open around 6:30 a.m.  We have to leave the house by 7:35 a.m. to get him to school comfortably by 8:00, so every minute counts.  I walk around in a daze in the morning until I've had breakfast and started drinking my coffee.  


Our mornings are made smoother by a few routines I've incorporated into our lives.





1)  I lay out my son's clothes for the week on Sunday night.



I check the weather on my iPhone app and try to plan accordingly (long or short sleeves, shorts or pants, etc.)  He wears a uniform, so it's not too difficult to pick out the outfits- I just have to make sure they are clean (along with his nap blanket).  Which also means I typically do our laundry for the week on Sunday, finishing right before bed on Sunday night.  










When I was working full-time, I also picked out my outfits for the week











Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top