We're just one organizing project away from completing all 10 of the Top 10 Organizing Challenges that I set out for myself in January.  And good thing, since we're already in March!  I didn't want these organization projects to drag into March, but I've realized it takes time to get to everything and to do it well, especially with tasks like the pantry and playroom.





My closet needed a good clean-out (seems like it needs it yearly) and that's no small task when it involves trying on everything and letting many things go.  I had been holding onto lots of my "lawyer" clothing like blouses, dresses and suits that I have not worn since I worked in an office and even then those things might not have been my favorite.  Now that I'm going on two years sans office job, I figured I could get these never worn items out of my closet and not miss them.  The Everygirl has a good "7 Questions to Ask When Cleaning Out Your Closet" that I followed.  "Do I feel confident when I wear this?" is my favorite question to ask yourself as you try things on, and if the answer is no, maybe that item goes in the "donate/sell" pile.  Why wear something you don't feel fantastic in?  That's probably why we wear 10% of our closet 90% of the time!  I heard that statistic at a church fashion show and it stuck with me that it's probably pretty accurate. 














Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top