You hear bloggers say all the time that one of the best benefits of blogging are the close friendships and connections that are made along the way.  And it's true! Two of my closest girlfriends are bloggers I met over the internet several years ago (I think it's going on 5 years now since I always remember I started my blog when James was just 4 months old and he's 5!) and I talk to them in some form or fashion nearly every day. Whether it's a quick text or phone chat, we've gotten so close, but unfortunately, we are scattered in different cities so we're long-distance friends.  Today, I'm super excited to be meeting up with both Courtney (A Thoughtful Place) and Cassie (Hi Sugarplum) in person in Dallas at a fashion blog conference.  And the icing on the cake is that, since the conference is in Cassie's town, I get to pop into her new home!  I've been dying to see it in person!  Have you been following along on all the fun decor stuff happening over there?!  





I've learned from experience attending several blog conferences over the years that it's mostly just a chance to get together with friends and have a girls' weekend.  I hope the boys are okay at home, I know bedtimes are nearly nonexistent when mom's not around and video games are surely on repeat. As long as teeth are brushed and everyone stays safe, I'm sure they can manage without me for a couple days. ;)  





Since I'm gone tomorrow, in lieu of my regular 'Weekend Steals & Deals' post, I'll share with you what I'm bringing to Dallas (which includes lots of sale items!).  I'm typically a terrible packer  and procrastinate till the last minute because I hate having to choose several days worth of outfits in advance without options.  Last year at the conference, I was in a hurry one morning and burned a hole right through my top while ironing it.  Luckily, I happened to have brought one extra outfit just in case.  I did my best to plan out all the outfits I'd need for the trip this year, so here goes!




travel to dallas 





I'm in Houston, so I decided to skip the air fare and drive myself to Dallas this time.  It should take me about 4 hours to get there so it's not too bad of a drive.  Our weather (and Dallas) has been rainy and stormy lately, so I hope it doesn't cause any issues on the roads.  For a day of driving and arriving at the conference, I'm going super casual with my ripped jeans (they go in and out of stock so you might have to check back), favorite u-neck tank ($18) I've told you about before (also in black and grey), and my super comfy everyday sandals (on sale). This striped bag is new and perfect for holding lots of stuff (but it's not huge), including my iPad and it's cool because you can hold it by the top handles or wear it like a cross body bag.  The cross body straps are removable too.   I always like to bring a scarf just to keep the chill off and it doesn't hurt when it's as pretty as this ombre tassel one!    (It's on sale too). 












Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top