Sharing this Christmas season with my 3 1/2 year-old son has brought out the kid in me. Seeing things through his young, innocent eyes makes me appreciate this time so much more.  Last weekend, we were at The Container Store checking out and he was watching the video of his school Christmas program on my phone.  The cashier overheard the singing, and asked him, "Is it somebody's birthday?"  He looked at her matter of factly and said, "It's Jesus' birthday."  I seriously melted and am so humbled. 





The kid in me loves crafty things like paper, washi tape, ribbon, bows, and gift wrap.  I vowed this year not to buy any more wrapping paper because I have more than enough, but when I dumped out my container of bows, I realized I should've also vowed not to buy more of those either.  







I snapped a picture with my phone and then used the Rhonna Designs app to create the typeography art below.  You just use the photo, add the text, then choose "mask" to cover over the rest of the photo.  







So fun all the things you can do with photo apps these days.  Another app that was popular on my Instagram is More Noel, which I used to make the light in the photo of our mistletoe sparkle.  









I was wrapping the teacher gifts and thought I could make the gift tags more personal by creating them myself. 
















I used a blank gift tag, wooden stamp and some washi tape to create a gift tag with their name on the back. The wooden stamps were on sale at Michaels for 50% off and came in a pack of several different patterns. 















For a couple of girlfriends, I went with red and gold stamp with coordinating washi tape.  I've purchased most of my washi tape online at cutetape.com or wishywashy.com.










The gift tags came out so cute and the possibilities are really endless if you just have fun and get creative.  Let the kid in you come out to play! 












For the next set of gift tags, I cut some colored craft paper and used a circle punch to make the hole where the ribbon goes colorful instead of white. I also cut patterned paper into the shape of a gift tag for the bottom left tag.  The "Merry & Bright" words were printed from my labeler, but you could easily hand write them.  















Less than a week until Christmas- are you ready?  We're hosting dinner this year and I still have to plan the menu. . . . 





______________










We have planted 540 550 576 595 618 654 674 807 836 trees!  We are getting closer to my 1,000 goal.  Thank you so much- YOU ROCK!  If you want to plant a tree, all you have to do is click the photo below and "LIKE" New Life Energy on FB. 







_____________







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top