With a child now in preschool, and through the benefit of being a "room Mom" I see firsthand how hard our teachers work and how much they care for our kids.  Especially at this young age, they are as much teachers showing students how to read and write as they are caregivers helping kids navigate through emotions toward independence.  





Although National Teacher Appreciation Week is in May, our school is celebrating our teachers this week with a luncheon and small tokens of appreciation from the students.  I know teachers love gift cards and Stella & Dot (judging by the responses on my instagram about the teachers' Christmas gifts), but for this event, we're giving notepads and pens.  Maybe I'm biased because I'd love to receive this as a gift, but I think it makes a thoughtful present, especially when you wrap it up with a sweet handwritten sentiment. 








These notepads were found at Homegoods, but I've also seen similar ones at craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby. 




















I added decorative ribbon to each set and a little gift tag that I stamped "Thank You" and will write the "to" and "from" on.    These little details are nice!










We have two homeroom teachers and a Spanish teacher to give these gifts to, but I'm always thinking of how all the gifts add up when you have multiple kids with multiple teachers. These notepads were about $5 each. 












If you have posted about a great teacher gift, please leave a link in the comments.  I want to add more pins to my "TEACHER" Pinterest board.  You can follow all of my Pinterest boards HERE.





If you are a teacher, let us know what you like to receive as a token of appreciation. We gave our teacher a little "getting to know you" form to fill out at the beginning of the year so that we'd have an idea of what they like.  Do you teachers like that or just prefer gift cards?  Where do you like gift cards to? 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top