Let's try this again. Something happened to Monday's post and it got all garbled up. I think it's fixed now....


THANK YOU StoneGable Readers!

Almost 1,000 people took the StoneGable Reader's Survey and gave me some great feedback!

I found out so much from all of you!  You really spoke your mind! Some good... some not so good, but constructive! And all the info will help me build a better blog.

Here's what I found out and some new plans for the New Year...



All information based on the survey 

WHAT I LEARNED FROM THE STATS...

*66% of you read StoneGable on a daily basis. 27% read it a few times a week.


*Just a little over half of you subscribe to StoneGable and get an almost daily e-mail.

I'd like to see more of my readers subscribe to my e-mails. I create the newsletters myself and highlight the current daily post and also archived posts that I think you would like and that are seasonally relevant.

To subscribe, fill out the KEEP IN TOUCH box located in the upper part of my right sidebar.


*Only a very small portion of readers are Facebook friends and even fewer follow me on twitter.

If you have Facebook and twitter, please follow! I send out blog updates, interesting posts from other bloggers, great Pinterest pics I find, personal notes and questions to get your feedback!

You can find all my social media icons on my sidebar. Just click them to join in!


*Did you know that I am very active on Pinterest? 1/3 of my readers are StoneGable Pinterest followers.

You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking HERE or clicking on the Pinterest icon on my sidebar.

And please keep pinning!


*Could you have guessed that the most popular StoneGable posts were about DECORATING!
Followed up by Seasonal House Tours, DIY"S, and Helpful Tips.

Good to know! I'll keep them coming!!!!


*99% of readers liked StoneGable's layout and content... and feel inspired and entertained when reading StoneGable.

It's my goal that each post does at least one of 4 things... teaches, inspires, entertain and gives you a takeaway!

And of course, I want to show you a little love everyday!


*Over half of my readers don't comment. No surprise here. Many told me they don't know how!

HERE'S HOW!
It's soooo easy!

On the comment form at the bottom of the post page find "comment as". There is a little box next to that with a tiny arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and a drop down box will appear. Click on "Anonymous" and leave your message. Remember to at least leave your first name at the end of the comment. When you are done, click publish.
Give it a try!
I'd love to hear from you!

*While we are on the subject of commenting... many readers wished I'd comment more on their comment to let them know I really read them. Believe me I not only read all comments, but cherish them! Most blogger do!!! I'll try to comment more. Thanks!




NOW, HERE ARE SOME NEW THINGS TO LOOK FOR AT STONEGABLE IN 2014... ALL BECAUSE YOU ASKED!


MORE DECORATING...
Many of you asked to see more decorating posts. We are continuing to transform StoneGable room by room. I will make an effort to share all my decorating projects, big and small!


MORE TIPS....
I received a huge response from all of my "THE BEST TIP YOU WILL EVER GET" posts.

I'll try to do several more this year.


MORE TABLESCAPES...
I got an overwhelming number of readers asking for more tablescapes. Last year I had so many big house projects going on I sorta forgot to post tablescapes. I love setting tables, so you will see more of them in 2014.


MORE HOME DECOR DIY'S...
Lots of readers want to see more decorating diy's. And I love love love to do them.  I have a big lineup of home projects and diy's I want to do in 2014!


MORE DETAILED DIY INSTRUCTIONS...
You've got it. I'll keep my camera in hand and use it to show each step of a diy!


MORE OF THE SAME...
I'll still be offering Recipes, Sunday Scriptures, Gardening, a few Personal Stories, etc. Because there is still quite a bit of interest in those topics.

Being what I call a "lifestyle" blog I like to blog about a variety of things that make up my life at StoneGable. So I'll keep posting about "all things home" with an emphasis on the topics most asked for.

MORE BLOG VISITING...
Over the last year I have not been visiting blogs like I used to. Not that I don't want to but I am spending more time working on posts and photography and editing. In a normal day I try to visit at least 5 blogs. I'm going to do my best to visit at least 5 bloggers that comment from each post and 5 others too. It's all a matter of hours in the day.


A NEW SERIES...
I'll be starting a new series in a few weeks called WHAT BLOGGERS DO BEST (or something like that). I'll be inviting a blogger once a week to share what she does best and show us. Like decorating, diy's, photography, vignettes, tablescapes, etc. I think it will be very interesting.


EASY ACCESS TO ARCHIVES...
Many of you asked to have a list of my archives so you could look up past post easily. Great idea! I'm working on that and it should be ready in March.


ANSWERING QUESTIONS MORE DILIGENTLY...
Some of you have pointed out that I don't always answer questions asked in the comment section. So sorry! I really thought I did. I'll double my efforts and make sure I answer all questions.


WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LOVE ME THROUGH IN 2014...

I got several request to do away with ads on my blog.

StoneGable was an ad free blog for 3 years.
It's just not possible for me to spend the amount of money I do on blogging and take it out of our family budget! Offsetting the cost of blogging and my time became necessary. To be honest, blogging is expensive and I treat my blog like a full time job (or more). Blogging is such a passion of mine and I love love love doing it! To continue and grow the quality, content and scope of StoneGable I need to have ads. I hope you will understand!


Some readers commented on my spelling and punctuation mistakes. I admit it... I am the world's worst speller and an even worse proofreader. Believe it or not, I've actually gotten better since blogging. I love to write and am slightly dyslexic... how's that for a combo!

I will never win a spelling bee (I was the mortified girl out in the first round in grade school) and I don't have the time to consult a grammar book... so I'll do my best and hope you excuse the rest!

As far a punctuation (..., !!!!!! and lots of ,) I write like I speak. I am very passionate about things and so I use punctuation the way I speak!!!!!!!!




HERE'S SOME CHANGES THAT I THINK WILL BE GOOD FOR THE FUTURE...

I'll be making some changes that were not discussed in the survey but I think you might like to know.

I'll be moving from Blogger to Wordpress in March. MOVING? Not actually moving... just virtually moving.
 I'll be using a different system for writing and delivering my blog.
 It will offer me and my readers a much more creative blog layout and so much more. I'll still be StoneGable and you can still find me at stonegableblog.com, but there will be a learning curve to learn the new system. I expect there might be a few "growing pains".

I'm also redesigning my blog in March. Not a drastic change... just keeping it fresh. A little like redecorating and updating. I hope to have an even more reader friendly blog!


A BIG THANK YOU AND HUG FROM ME...

Thanks so much for your kind, sweet words of encouragement! They motivate me and help so much!
And thank you for your input. Great advice and constructive criticism. I learned a lot from you and took everything into consideration!


 I really love and cherish my readers!

As I always say... and believe...

YOU ARE THE BEST!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top