Last Sunday I put together a quick Soup Buffet after Church. Right before our small group arrived, I snapped a few pictures.

This table was not intended to be a blog post but I thought it would be fun to show you how I set up a easy to execute tablescape and luncheon... a real life... not edited for publication table...








I'm getting better, but still am recovering from surgery... so lunch was very simple and easy!



I used our round breakfast room table as the buffet table. I often set up a buffet on this table, especially when we are having an informal gathering. I'm a big fan of buffets!

I had a black and white runner on the table so I kept it on and used my white dishes along with a few black and white dishes I had on hand.

Here's a big tip... Collect and buy white! I love love love white dishes. They go with EVERYTHING!










I have a huge crush on ruffly little carnations... I prefer them over roses any day! 

I found two bunches at the grocery store. I also found a bunch of bright green hypericum berries in the sale bin... so, for less than $10.00 I fashioned a cheery bouquet. These flowers will last more than 2 weeks!


They look pretty with the black and white theme.










Steamy hot HAM AND BEAN SOUP was served from a white ironstone soup tureen.

I collect white soup tureens, but this simple one is my favorite.










I got this heavy and handsome ladle from Pottery Barn Outlet.










Putting flatware in small pitchers is a pretty way to keep things tidy. We only needed soup spoons for lunch!










This is my favorite way to serve soup. Aren't these soup cups and stands great?

I got these at World Market several years ago. 

Can you tell I really like white dishes!










I served a box mix (oh horrors... yes, I did!) cornbread because it was easy! No one knew it was not from scratch!

Cornbread is best served warm with butter and jam.

I chose a pomegranate pepper jelly for a little spicy sweet taste and boysenberry jam... just because I love it!  Did you notice that I wrote the jelly flavors with magic marker on the plate.  FUN! No worries, it scrubs off with soap and water.









Store bought cookies and clementines make a very easy dessert. I served the cookies on a cake plate to make them look extra nice. You can just see the cute black and white dessert plates.









Drinks were self serve too. Bottled sodas in a big white bowl ...









And a white pitcher filled with water... all ready for my lunch bunch!










So easy-peasy and quick to put together! 

Having friends over doesn't have to be fancy or homemade... just welcoming and warm!


MENU
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP (one of my first blog posts-yikes!)
Corn Bread
Butter and Jellies
Cookies
Clementines
Assorted Sodas and Water




Remember to 

Pin It





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top